Grapes sourced from:
Sweet; infused with Blackberry
Constructed in 1852 at Pass Cavallo, the lighthouse aided ships entering Matagorda Bay to trade in Indianola and Port Lavaca. During the Civil War, Confederate troops attempted to demolish the lighthouse to prevent it from falling into Union hands and aiding their efforts to capture southern blockade runners.
The 92 foot charcoal cast iron structure was repaired in 1873 and moved to its present position on Matagorda Island. Recently restored, it is the state's oldest operating lighthouse. This grape wine with blackberry honors the Gulf Coast's colorful maritime heritage and the spirit of the hardy settlers.